GLOBAL COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR F/H
- Contract type : PERMANENT CONTRACT
- Date : 12/03/2019
An opportunity has arisen for a GLOBAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR position within ADM Animal Nutrition Global Business Unit Feed Additives, Ingredients & Amino Acids.
The main purpose of this role is to draw-up a development strategy for Feed Additives, Ingredients & Amino Acids ADM Animal Nutrition offer on a worldwide basis, in accordance with the business activity strategy (organic growth, external growth, partnership, design and adaptation of the products/services to the global and local markets, standardize practices…).
Reporting to the ADM Animal Nutrition President Feed Additives, Ingredients & Amino Acids, the main duties of this role will include team management of 15-18 people including commercial development, product managers and technical support.
The team is mainly based in Switzerland with additional team members in France, the US and in China.
Drawing-up a strategy to develop the offer
– To organize the sales development in collaboration with the subsidiaries and define offer positioning.
– To analyze competition and regulation context linked to the offer development.
– To identify the main levers of development and propose a strategy.
– To do a stock-taking of the offer(s) within the allocated scope (industrial, scientific and commercial performance, human resource allocation…).
– To recommend corrective/preventive actions.
Supporting and managing the offer development link with R&D team to provide market-based input to feed and drive new product development
– To contribute to the creation and launching of new business models.
– To create and maintain a partner network (any kind of competitors with a view to developing external growth, transversal relationships with global key accounts…).
– To organize annual seminars to federate an expert network around the offer.
– To propose and lead training operations, technology transfer and good practices exchanges in a view to standardize and optimize these practices.
– To optimize the sourcing and supplying of the product range.
– To participate in the budget elaboration.
Carry out a regular reporting
– To develop tools for a global offer.
– To manage (organization, leading) a monitoring Committee allowing to make the relevant decisions for a proper implementation of the plan (acquisitions, allocation of means and investments etc…).
– To define role and mission of each member of the team aiming at performance and team cohesion.
– To set team objectives, means to achieve them and set them individually.
– To identify and forward necessary information for a good business activity linked to the company strategy and the whole team.
– To measure individual and team performance.
– To support the members and develop team competencies (recruitment,
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in our business activity (manufacturing environment, animal nutrition/additives/health, food-processing…)
· Strong leadership and team building skills.
· Cross-cultural mindset.
· Analytical and financial management skills.
· Clear and effective written and oral communication.
· Customer focused.
· Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated management skills; ability to effectively influence people at all levels of organization;
· Fluent English a pre-requisite, additional languages an asset.
Includes 50% – 70% travel based on business needs.