DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS EMEA F/H
FLEXIBLE ACROSS EUROPE
- Contract type : PERMANENT CONTRACT
- Date : 07/03/2019
Objectives of the position:
The DOP is responsible for all Manufacturing and Supply chain teams and assets in EMEA region.
The DOP objectives is to design and implement the industrial strategy (production capacity, supply chain design, management routine, support functions…) to fit the need of the Animal Nutrition business (product and service), as well as to ensure the roll out and the compliance with all ADM group policies (Safety, Quality, Environment, Excellence, Waste reduction …)
This is an excellent opportunity to join ADM Animal Nutrition’s Operations and be involved in all the business lines and areas of expertise that contribute to the company’s industrial performance: production, supply chain, logistics, continuous improvement, maintenance and QHSE.
You will be responsible for the EMEA Animal Nutrition Operations: 26 plants across 11 countries with ~1,000 employees.
The main objectives are:
Define the industrial strategy in accordance with the General Strategy of the Group
– Audit, measure and set actions to comply with Group policies on Safety, Quality, Environment …
– Design and implement manufacturing capacities, supply chain procedures, team governance … to support business sales and development plans
– Roll out Continuous improvement and Performance Excellence program
– Define and monitor investments in line with ExCom decisions
– Define and deploy industrial KPIs allowing benchmarking of different sites in a logic of emulation and progress
– Contribute to the implementation of innovative practices
– Assist Plant Managers in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
– Take an active participation to EMEA board
Managing employees to encourage maximum performance
– Define the roles and missions in a logic of performance and team cohesion
– Identify and transmit the information in connection with the company’s strategy
– Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff.
– Take corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policy.
THE SUCCESFULL APPLICANT
We are ideally looking for an international professional who come with proven experience as DOP with 10-15+ years’ experience in manufacturing or supply chain management, preferably in food, Consumer goods, Automotive Companies or the Agricultural industry.
Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Track record of successful team building and management
Strong change, project and cost management skills
International manufacturing experience
Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills